Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
State Board of Cosmetology License - Upon completion of the program, students are required to take the Cosmetology State Board Examination. The school will provide transportation and instructor supervision for the initial attempt.
Student performs a manicure on a customer.
PROGRAM OF STUDY
- Hair Microbiology and Infection Control
- Fundamentals of Hair Cutting and Styling
- Salon Operations and Communications
- 2 credits — English
- 2 credits — Math (Algebra 2 and Advanced Math)
- 2 credits — Science (Anatomy & Physiology and Chemistry)
- 2 credits — Social Studies (American Government & Elective)
- Hair Stylist / Nail Technician / Manicurist
- Platform Artist
- Salon Owner/Manager (after pursuing Manager’s License)
- Cosmetic or Equipment Sales
- Product Tester
- Chemical Texture Specialist
- Color Specialist
- Make-up ArtistA Cosmetology student dyes a customer's hair.
- Hairstylists $8-21/hour starting wage
- Nail Technician $8-15/hour starting wage
IS THIS YOU?
- I am attentive to detail
- I am a good listener
- I enjoy hands-on projects
- I am creative
College Credits Earned while in high school:
- Kent State University (30 semester hours)
- Cincinnati State (in progress)